So this is going to be a boring post with no pictures but I just want to write down my thoughts. I'll have to post pictures on some other post in the future. Sorry. I am now 24 weeks pregnant which is crazy to me. I have about 3 1/2 months left and I just feel like it's coming up so fast! I'm nervous that we're not going to be ready for this little one when she's ready to come! But we're working on it. Here are some of my thoughts about pregnancy so far.
-We have 2 names in mind- Kelikei (my name in Hawaiian) or Kalia (beauty in Hawaiian). Right now, I think I'm leaning more towards Kalia. I like them both so we'll see.
- I LOVE feeling her move inside me. It makes her feel more real especially when I start to figure out the tricks that get her to move. She moves like crazy when I eat fruits and the other day she moved every time Reina, Nicole's dog, barked. It's cool that her ears are developed enough to hear things now.
- I worry that she's already developing an attitude. Any time I hunch over and sit with my hands on my knees, she moves around and kicks me like she's getting mad at me for invading her space. As soon as I spread back out, she stops. It's pretty funny
- I haven't had any weird cravings yet but I can't eat chicken breast. It just grosses me out. If it's cut up, shredded, or cooked in to something then I'm okay. If someone just puts a straight up chicken breast in front of me, I can't handle eating it. I don't know if it's the texture or what but ugh...
- I'm still not great at eating my veggies because they don't sound appealing to me either but fruits always sound good.
- My belly is getting bigger and bigger every week. The maternity clothes that used to be really loose are now being stretched slowly.
- My muscles under my stomach hurt SO bad when I've been on my feet all day and It's not as easy to get out of bed in the morning. I feel like an old lady when I put my shoes and socks on because I can't just reach down and throw them on anymore. I have to get creative with it.
- My older sister, Angie, was right. Every other pregnant woman is cuter than me. And trust me, there are A LOT. Zach still is so sweet by telling me how beautiful or hot I look every day, but it's getting harder and harder to believe it. I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party but I don't really appreciate what's happening to my butt, hips, and thighs right now. I just have to keep telling myself to keep myself and the baby healthy and then I can worry and work on other stuff once she's here. It's not easy but I'm trying.
-These pregnancy dreams are killing me! Some of the classics: 1) I wasn't prepared for soccer tryouts for the high school and was just BS-ing my way through it and didn't know any of the girls then the parents showed up for a meeting and I wasn't ready for that either. I felt like an idiot. 2)I hadn't seen my baby for the first year of her life and my mom was raising her so when I finally met her, she didn't know me and cried the whole time I was there. 3) We were blessing her, her dress was green, she was like 1 1/2 years old, and right before we blessed her I realized that it wasn't my baby. I started crying and asking everyone where my baby was and my whole family was telling me to stop freaking out and just bless that baby like it's my own.
-I'm already getting sick of a lot of the comments I've been getting and I'm not even that big yet! Some people have been really great, nice, considerate, exciting, etc. but it always seems like the women have some of the rudest comments. I don't know if they are trying to force their "wisdom" on me but seriously... And yes, I may be sensitive sometimes but you'd think that they would understand! Some of the ones I've received that have really gotten to me:
"Oop you don't have a waist anymore!"
"Wow looks like you need a bigger shirt!"
"How are you feeling? Are you still exhausted?" me- "A little ya, but I'm doing better." Her, "Well you're gonna be tired for the next 18 years so you better get used to that feeling!" (Seriously?! Why do you have to point that out instead of getting me excited?)
"You know things are never gonna be the same with yours and Zach's relationship after this." (Ok, did you ever think that we're okay with the way our relationship is going to change?)
I have received some really great comments, don't get me wrong. But the saying is true. You need like 5 good comments to drown out 1 bad one. Maybe it's my negative thinking or something, who knows.
Sorry for the rambling session. I just wanted to document my thoughts. For the most part, being pregnant is fun. It's fun to see me grow because that means my baby is growing and the doctor says that her and I are doing great. She has a strong heartbeat and we found out in the ultrasound that everything looks perfect. I can't wait to see and meet this little girl. I am dying to see what she looks like and to see her personality. It's going to be so crazy but so fun!