Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!

So my last blog was about Elder Zachariah Miller returning home from his mission and considering he's been home for about 3 weeks now, I guess it's time to blog about him being home. He came home on May 4th at about 7:30 that night. (The picture above is me right before I left for the airport) It didn't feel like it was really happening until right before I left for the airport, then I got REALLY nervous. I drove to the airport and met his family there and we all just hung out and talked for a bit while we waited for his plane to land. It was so fun being there with his family and began to feel real once I saw all the signs and the balloons and candy leis. We went and placed ourselves right by the bottom of the escalators to make sure that we saw him when he came down. I was holding a sign with Rachel and talking to her when she squealed and said, "There he is!!" I could not find him to save my life and I was getting so frustrated! Till Rachel finally said, "Kelsey, he's right THERE!" Then I finally saw him and my stomach did a flip and couldn't believe he was finally here.

Him and his family

His parents

The ultimate handshake

At first it was a little awkward seeing him because neither one of us really knew how to handle the situation. We couldn't hug or touch each other so we both stood awkwardly next to each other. Ha it was pretty funny but I was content just being next to him. He went home that night and got released and it was pretty late and he was doing things with his family so I didn't get to see him. The next day I drove down to Orem and we spent the entire day together. We went shopping, because he has no clothes, then we went to the Provo temple for a little bit, went to his little brother's water polo game, Rachel's soccer game, and ate dinner. He had some people that he needed to go visit so I left after that. It was a great day. (unfortunately we both suck at taking pictures so I have no pictures from that day... sorry)

Lately we've just been hanging out and having a good time. The Saturday after he came home my parents had an extra ticket to the ReAL game because I had to work and Zach went with them. You have to realize that he has never met any member of my family before and he was going to the game without me, with my parents, Lauren, Dustin, Kaley and Paul. What a champ! After the game they came back to the house and I was here waiting and then we just ended up watching a movie and hanging out with my family. He was a little nervous around them at first but he had just been home a few days and he's gotten much more comfortable around them since then.

This is what happens when I'm not around


At the game

In our matching jerseys from my parents

Other than that, we've just been spending time together and enjoying each other's company. We went to church together 2 weeks ago (pictured below) and his homecoming was yesterday (pictures soon to come... hopefully). Those 2 years were very long and waiting was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, but having him back now has made it totally worth it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's nice to finally hear from you! I was starting to think Zach was just someone mom was making up. :) I'm excited to finally see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete